Procedures for Signing Rental Contract
We request that you read and familiarize yourself with the Articles of Rental Agreement prior to signing your agreement to employ the services of Yokohama Rental Apartments.
Applying for Rent by Phone: Applications for rentals within 3 days of intended occupancy must be made by phone. Applying for Rent Online: We accept rental applications by type of room at our respective properties. We respond to online rental applications placed via our Web site by verifying whether the requested rental is available. Be advised that rental agreements are subject to availability of desired rentals. We will verify and notify applicants of availability of desired rentals within two days of receipt of applications. Be advised that system conditions may necessitate a full two-day wait in some circumstances.
- We will perform a routine background check for rental applications. We reserve the right to deny applications based on the outcomes of such background checks.
- We will request you to pay the deposit ï¿¥25,000 in the case that you pay the rent monthly.
- We may ask you to show the ID issued by the comany or the institution for which you work in Japan to our office.
- Rental agreements are considered to take effect upon receipt of payment.
- Post-enactment cancellations of rental agreements incur an application fee of 10,000 yen per room, and additional cancellation charges may be asked.
- Company security guards may visit rental properties in order to ensure customer safety. Personnel may ask for proof of identification in the course of such visits. Customer cooperation in such matters is appreciated.
- Pets are not allowed under any circumstances, unless otherwise specified. Should pets be found in residence after occupation has commenced, we reserve the right to terminate rental agreements immediately and to file claims for restitution in the event that damages have resulted from such pet habitation.
We require either payment in full for the term of the agreement or the first monthâs rent once the rental agreement has been enacted. Note that it would be possible to pay the initial application fee of 10,000 yen per room per agreement upon enactment of the rental agreement, and to pay the balance on or before the date that actual occupancy commences. Payment may be made by any of the following methods:
Methods of Payment:
- In person, at our offices;
- Debit card
- Credit Card ( Most of cards accepted )
- Transfer of funds via ATMs in banks or convenience stores ãBank Informationã Bank Name:The Bank of Yokohama,Ltd. Branch Name:Isezakicho Branch(Branch Code:314) Account Number:1199852 Account Name:Yokohama Weekly Co., Ltd
- Online credit card payments.
We request that renters visit our central offices on the first floor of our building in Isezaki-cho, Yokohama, between 2:00PM and 8:00PM. on the day that occupancy commences, for about 10 minutes to take care of paperwork and other processing, as follows:
Paperwork and Processing:1.Description of conditions for rent 2.Filling out of rental applications by all occupants; we request that information provided be accurate, as rental agreements shall be terminated immediately if it is determined that false identities are being used or that rental properties are being used for purposes other than residence. 3. Verification of identity; copies of identity documents will be taken; official photo ID, such as alien registration card or passport, are acceptable; copies of such documents will be maintained on file for identification purposes during occupancy. 4. Rent, payable in advance, including any outstanding balance; note that failure to prepay may constitute grounds for denial of occupancy.
- *Occupants must vacate the premises by noon on the day following the last day of occupancy;
- *Occupants are requested to check that they have taken all of their belongings with them; anything and everything left behind will be summarily disposed of
- *If such disposal of items left behind incurs an expense on the part of the company, occupants will be billed for such expense as required
- *Occupants are requested to leave rental rooms as they found them
- *Occupants may be billed for damage or restoration as appropriate in the event that a rental room is significantly soiled or otherwise defiled, or if furnishings or fixtures are missing or damaged;
- *Occupants may be billed as necessary for usage of utilities, i.e., gas, water, sewage, or electricity, in excess of company rules and regulations.
- *Occupants shall deposit room and parking space keys in key return boxes, which are located on the first floor of company apartment buildings, upon vacating the premises.